Irving, Aldridge named Players of the Week
Washington: Kyrie Irving from the Cleveland Cavaliers and LaMarcus Aldridge from the Portland Trail Blazers were named National Basketball Association (NBA) Players of the Week.
It was the second straight time and the third time in this season for the Blazers forward to be named the Players of the Week, Monday, reports Xinhua.
Irving got a 2-1 record for the Cavaliers last week, averaging 29.0 points, 6.3 assists and 2.33 steals. He had 37 points and 11 assists in the Cavaliers` 109-94 victory over the New York Knicks.
Aldridge got 25.5 points and a league-best 14.8 rebounds for the Blazers last week, along with 3.3 assists and 1.5 blocks. The Blazers had a perfect 4-0 record and stayed on the top place of the strong Western Conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi