Irving, Aldridge named Players of the Week
Washington: Kyrie Irving from the Cleveland Cavaliers and LaMarcus Aldridge from the Portland Trail Blazers were named National Basketball Association (NBA) Players of the Week.
It was the second straight time and the third time in this season for the Blazers forward to be named the Players of the Week, Monday, reports Xinhua.
Irving got a 2-1 record for the Cavaliers last week, averaging 29.0 points, 6.3 assists and 2.33 steals. He had 37 points and 11 assists in the Cavaliers` 109-94 victory over the New York Knicks.
Aldridge got 25.5 points and a league-best 14.8 rebounds for the Blazers last week, along with 3.3 assists and 1.5 blocks. The Blazers had a perfect 4-0 record and stayed on the top place of the strong Western Conference.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev