Jaipur to host senior national volleyball
This will be third time that the tournament is being hosted by Rajasthan. Earlier Udaipur hosted it in 1968-69, and Jaipur in 2007, Anil Choaudhary, the president of the Rajasthan Volleyball Association (RVA), said.
"We have again got the opportunity to host the 61st edition of the championship and we are determined to make it a grand success," he said.
The organizing committee secretary and general secretary of the RVA, Ramavtar Singh Jakhar, a former Indian player, said that almost all star would be seen in action during the nine-day championship.
"In men`s section twenty five teams including defending champion Kerala and runners up Uttarakhand will be in fray while the women`s section would have 23 teams including defending champion Railways and Kerala. Almost all the star players of the country will be seen in action," he informed.
Former international players and Arjun Awardees would also be facilitated on this occasion. The selections would also conducted here to select the Indian team for the camp, on the basis of performance in this tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video