James, Bryant named Players of the Week
New York: LeBron James of Miami Heat in Eastern Conference and Kobe Bryant of Los Angeles Lakers in Western were named the Players for the Jan 2-Jan 8 week.
James helped the Heat to a 3-1 week, he was the leading scorer for Miami in all the three contests in which he appeared.
James averaged 31 points on .607 shooting from the field, to go along with 9.3 assists, 7.3 rebounds and 1.33 steals. James` 33-points, 13-assist double-double keyed Miami`s largest win of the week, a 118-83 victory over Indiana on Jan 4, reports Xinhua.
Bryant guided the Lakers to a 3-1 week, including wins over Houston, Golden State and Memphis. Bryant`s 33 point average led the league, and he added 6.3 assists while playing a team-high 38 minutes.
Bryant, who eclipsed the 30-point plateau in three of the Lakers` four games, tallied a season-high 39 points on 13-of-28 shooting during a 97-90 win over the Warriors on Jan 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back