James, Bryant named Players of the Week
New York: LeBron James of Miami Heat in Eastern Conference and Kobe Bryant of Los Angeles Lakers in Western were named the Players for the Jan 2-Jan 8 week.
James helped the Heat to a 3-1 week, he was the leading scorer for Miami in all the three contests in which he appeared.
James averaged 31 points on .607 shooting from the field, to go along with 9.3 assists, 7.3 rebounds and 1.33 steals. James` 33-points, 13-assist double-double keyed Miami`s largest win of the week, a 118-83 victory over Indiana on Jan 4, reports Xinhua.
Bryant guided the Lakers to a 3-1 week, including wins over Houston, Golden State and Memphis. Bryant`s 33 point average led the league, and he added 6.3 assists while playing a team-high 38 minutes.
Bryant, who eclipsed the 30-point plateau in three of the Lakers` four games, tallied a season-high 39 points on 13-of-28 shooting during a 97-90 win over the Warriors on Jan 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster