James, Bryant named Players of the Week
New York: LeBron James of Miami Heat in Eastern Conference and Kobe Bryant of Los Angeles Lakers in Western were named the Players for the Jan 2-Jan 8 week.
James helped the Heat to a 3-1 week, he was the leading scorer for Miami in all the three contests in which he appeared.
James averaged 31 points on .607 shooting from the field, to go along with 9.3 assists, 7.3 rebounds and 1.33 steals. James` 33-points, 13-assist double-double keyed Miami`s largest win of the week, a 118-83 victory over Indiana on Jan 4, reports Xinhua.
Bryant guided the Lakers to a 3-1 week, including wins over Houston, Golden State and Memphis. Bryant`s 33 point average led the league, and he added 6.3 assists while playing a team-high 38 minutes.
Bryant, who eclipsed the 30-point plateau in three of the Lakers` four games, tallied a season-high 39 points on 13-of-28 shooting during a 97-90 win over the Warriors on Jan 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened