James, Bryant named Players of the Week
New York: LeBron James of Miami Heat in Eastern Conference and Kobe Bryant of Los Angeles Lakers in Western were named the Players for the Jan 2-Jan 8 week.
James helped the Heat to a 3-1 week, he was the leading scorer for Miami in all the three contests in which he appeared.
James averaged 31 points on .607 shooting from the field, to go along with 9.3 assists, 7.3 rebounds and 1.33 steals. James` 33-points, 13-assist double-double keyed Miami`s largest win of the week, a 118-83 victory over Indiana on Jan 4, reports Xinhua.
Bryant guided the Lakers to a 3-1 week, including wins over Houston, Golden State and Memphis. Bryant`s 33 point average led the league, and he added 6.3 assists while playing a team-high 38 minutes.
Bryant, who eclipsed the 30-point plateau in three of the Lakers` four games, tallied a season-high 39 points on 13-of-28 shooting during a 97-90 win over the Warriors on Jan 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US