Japan`s Olympic champion jailed for rape
Tokyo: Masato Uchishiba, a two-time Olympic judo champion, was Friday sentenced to five years in prison for rape by a Tokyo court.
Uchishiba, who coached a women`s judo club at Kyushu University of Nursing and Social Welfare, raped a female member at a Tokyo hotel after drinking in 2011.
The victim was an 18-year-old university student.
The prosecutors had given the 34-year-old Olympic champion a five-year jail term, saying there was "no doubt he raped the student who could not resist because she had passed out drunk."
Uchishiba was arrested in December 2011 and barred from all judo activities by the All Japan Judo Federation.
He won the gold in the men`s under 66-kg division at the 2004 Olympics in Athens and at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch