Japanese cyclist killed in northern Russia
Moscow: Well-known Japanese traveller Haruhisa Watanabe, who was preparing to ride a bicycle across all CIS countries, was killed in a road accident near Kandalaksha in the Murmansk region of Russia.
Watanabe was in the middle of a bicycle tour around Russia when he was killed Wednesday, and had spent December braving freezing temperatures and treacherous icy conditions in Russia`s vast north, reports Xinhua.
Watanabe became the youngest Japanese to conquer the tallest mountains on each of the seven continents.
The Japanese Consulate in St. Petersburg is liaising with local authorities to arrange for the repatriation of Watanabe`s remains.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed