Japanese cyclist killed in northern Russia
Moscow: Well-known Japanese traveller Haruhisa Watanabe, who was preparing to ride a bicycle across all CIS countries, was killed in a road accident near Kandalaksha in the Murmansk region of Russia.
Watanabe was in the middle of a bicycle tour around Russia when he was killed Wednesday, and had spent December braving freezing temperatures and treacherous icy conditions in Russia`s vast north, reports Xinhua.
Watanabe became the youngest Japanese to conquer the tallest mountains on each of the seven continents.
The Japanese Consulate in St. Petersburg is liaising with local authorities to arrange for the repatriation of Watanabe`s remains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!