Japanese women trounce Fiji 14-0 in HWL opener
New Delhi: Japanese women`s team smashed Fiji 14-0 in the opening match of the Hockey World League (HWL) Round 2 at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here Monday.
Japan played an attacking game right from the beginning of the one-sided match and scored eight goals in the first half.
Japan earned their first penalty corner in the ninth minute and Shiho Sakai converted it into goal. Soon after, captain Rika Komazawa scored the second goal through a penalty corner.
Komazawa scored her second goal in the 14th minute. Japan`s fourth goal was scored by Akiko Kato in the 17th minute, Miyuki Nakagawa scored fifth in the 20th while Aya Ueda got the sixth in the 28th minute.
The seventh and eighth goal of the first half came from two successive penalty corners by Kumi Banda in the 32nd minute and Shiho Sakai in the 34th minute which helped Japan take a 8-0 lead.
In the second half, Japan continued their attacking game and scored a total of six mo9re goals.
Shiho Sakai was adjudged Player-of-the-Match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- CBSE 10th Result 2015: CBSE (cbse.ac.in & cbseresults.ac.in) Class 10 (X Board) Result shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study