Jayaram crashes out of Indonesian Super Series
Jakarta: Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram suffered a straight game defeat to German Marc Zwiebler to crash out of the men`s singles competition at the Indonesian Super Series Premier here on Friday.
World number 25 Jayaram failed to negotiate the brilliant net play of his opponent and lost 16-21 15-21 in a 34 minute duel.
Marc had beaten Jayaram in the Thailand Grand Prix Gold in 2008 but the Indian had avenged the loss in Dutch Grand Prix in 2010.
However, the world number 22 had an upper hand today as he played a better overall game to outwit the Indian.
In the first game, Marc opened up a narrow 4-1 lead but Jayaram clawed back with four straight points. The German once again wrested the lead at 14-11 and held on to edge ahead.
In the second game, Jayaram made it 5-2 early on but Marc once again turned the tables and surged ahead at 16-9. Jayaram tried to step up the gas but the German didn`t give any chance to the Indian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured