Jayaram crashes out of Indonesian Super Series
Jakarta: Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram suffered a straight game defeat to German Marc Zwiebler to crash out of the men`s singles competition at the Indonesian Super Series Premier here on Friday.
World number 25 Jayaram failed to negotiate the brilliant net play of his opponent and lost 16-21 15-21 in a 34 minute duel.
Marc had beaten Jayaram in the Thailand Grand Prix Gold in 2008 but the Indian had avenged the loss in Dutch Grand Prix in 2010.
However, the world number 22 had an upper hand today as he played a better overall game to outwit the Indian.
In the first game, Marc opened up a narrow 4-1 lead but Jayaram clawed back with four straight points. The German once again wrested the lead at 14-11 and held on to edge ahead.
In the second game, Jayaram made it 5-2 early on but Marc once again turned the tables and surged ahead at 16-9. Jayaram tried to step up the gas but the German didn`t give any chance to the Indian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?