Jayaram crashes out of Indonesian Super Series
Jakarta: Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram suffered a straight game defeat to German Marc Zwiebler to crash out of the men`s singles competition at the Indonesian Super Series Premier here on Friday.
World number 25 Jayaram failed to negotiate the brilliant net play of his opponent and lost 16-21 15-21 in a 34 minute duel.
Marc had beaten Jayaram in the Thailand Grand Prix Gold in 2008 but the Indian had avenged the loss in Dutch Grand Prix in 2010.
However, the world number 22 had an upper hand today as he played a better overall game to outwit the Indian.
In the first game, Marc opened up a narrow 4-1 lead but Jayaram clawed back with four straight points. The German once again wrested the lead at 14-11 and held on to edge ahead.
In the second game, Jayaram made it 5-2 early on but Marc once again turned the tables and surged ahead at 16-9. Jayaram tried to step up the gas but the German didn`t give any chance to the Indian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble