JBA to appoint a qualified coach
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Badminton Association
(JBA) has proposed to appoint a qualified coach to help
improve the performance of the shuttlers of the state.
We have taken up the issue at an Annual General
Meeting of the JBA here on Saturday last, K Prabhakar Rao,
Secretary of JBD said here today.
Stating that badminton has good potential in the
state, he said the purpose was to help the badminton players
to learn the techniques of the games and improve their
performances at the national and international level.
Rao said JBA had talks with a few reputed coaches
mostly from southern region including Murli Krishna, Kiran
Kumar, Roshal Lal in this regard.
However, no final decision was taken as yet but
expected to materialise the things soon.
Meanwhile, JBA has also proposed to revive the J R D
Tata invitational Badminiton tournament after a gap of three
Stating that JBA also proposes to increase the prize
money of J R D Tata Invitational Badminton Tournament from Rs
four lakhs to five lakhs, Rao said a final decision in this
regard was expected soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you