Jharkhand athletes shine in Special Olympics National event
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand athletes won six golds, 11 silvers and three bronze medals at the recently concluded Special Olympics National Athletics Championships, organised by the Special Olympics Bharat (SOB) from March 13-15 in New Delhi.
Lilavati Kumari won gold in both the 25m and 50m race in the women`s section while Mamu Rashi and Abdul Tabiz bagged one gold apiece in the 100m-race in two different categories in the men`s section.
Rashi also bagged a silver in the 100x4 relay while Sushil Kumar clinched a gold in the soft ball throw and a silver in standing jump event.
A 14-member team from the state participated in the championships, from which a squad for the World Summer Games scheduled in Los Angeles in July 2015 would be selected, SOB Assistant Area director Jharkhand Satbir Singh Sahota said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- Doha airport brings in passenger tax
- Jason Gillespie to leave Yorkshire at end of season
- Myanmar holds unique position in India's neighbourhood, says PM Narendra Modi
- Bangladesh's Tamim Iqbal out for a month with fractured finger, to miss ODI series vs Afghanistan
- GST will make consumer goods cheaper, boost jobs: CBEC