Jharkhand athletes shine in Special Olympics National event
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand athletes won six golds, 11 silvers and three bronze medals at the recently concluded Special Olympics National Athletics Championships, organised by the Special Olympics Bharat (SOB) from March 13-15 in New Delhi.
Lilavati Kumari won gold in both the 25m and 50m race in the women`s section while Mamu Rashi and Abdul Tabiz bagged one gold apiece in the 100m-race in two different categories in the men`s section.
Rashi also bagged a silver in the 100x4 relay while Sushil Kumar clinched a gold in the soft ball throw and a silver in standing jump event.
A 14-member team from the state participated in the championships, from which a squad for the World Summer Games scheduled in Los Angeles in July 2015 would be selected, SOB Assistant Area director Jharkhand Satbir Singh Sahota said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price