Jharkhand athletes shine in Special Olympics National event
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand athletes won six golds, 11 silvers and three bronze medals at the recently concluded Special Olympics National Athletics Championships, organised by the Special Olympics Bharat (SOB) from March 13-15 in New Delhi.
Lilavati Kumari won gold in both the 25m and 50m race in the women`s section while Mamu Rashi and Abdul Tabiz bagged one gold apiece in the 100m-race in two different categories in the men`s section.
Rashi also bagged a silver in the 100x4 relay while Sushil Kumar clinched a gold in the soft ball throw and a silver in standing jump event.
A 14-member team from the state participated in the championships, from which a squad for the World Summer Games scheduled in Los Angeles in July 2015 would be selected, SOB Assistant Area director Jharkhand Satbir Singh Sahota said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre