Jharkhand beat Tripura 25-0 at HI sub-jr men national tourney
New Delhi: Jharkhand continued its winning streak, thrashing Tripura 25-0 on the second day of the 3rd Hockey India sub-junior men national championship (East Zone) at Nagaon, Assam on Thursday.
In Pool B, Mahendra Topno scored five goals to help Jharkhand beat Tripura. In their earlier match Jharkhand got the better of Manipur 7-0.
In another game of Pool B, Manipur got the better of Assam 2-0.
Pool A matches saw Odisha beating Bihar 5-0, and Mizoram outplay Bengal 4-0.
In the sub-junior women national championship (East Zone), Maxima Khalko scored two goals to enable Assam register a 4-0 win over Bihar in a Pool A game on the second day.
Odisha handed Bengal a 5-0 defeat in a Pool B tie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?