Jharkhand beat Tripura 25-0 at HI sub-jr men national tourney
New Delhi: Jharkhand continued its winning streak, thrashing Tripura 25-0 on the second day of the 3rd Hockey India sub-junior men national championship (East Zone) at Nagaon, Assam on Thursday.
In Pool B, Mahendra Topno scored five goals to help Jharkhand beat Tripura. In their earlier match Jharkhand got the better of Manipur 7-0.
In another game of Pool B, Manipur got the better of Assam 2-0.
Pool A matches saw Odisha beating Bihar 5-0, and Mizoram outplay Bengal 4-0.
In the sub-junior women national championship (East Zone), Maxima Khalko scored two goals to enable Assam register a 4-0 win over Bihar in a Pool A game on the second day.
Odisha handed Bengal a 5-0 defeat in a Pool B tie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Delhi government seeks taxi unions' views over ban on diesel cab
- Real estate developers to land in trouble for taking consumers 'for a ride'
- Pakistan's ISI using mobile apps to lure Indian jawans, retired officials: Report
- IS may be making chemical weapons, warns watchdog