Jharkhand emerge champions in Sub-Junior Men National Hockey
New Delhi: Jharkhand got the better of Odisha 3-1 to clinch the 3rd Hockey India Sub-Junior Men National Championship (East Zone) title at Nagaon, Assam on Monday.
Sudhir Munda gave Jharkhand the lead in the 15th minute but, Odisha scored the equaliser in the very next minute with the field goal by Amit Chirmako.
But in the second half, Munda scored two more goals in the 51st and 62nd minute to help Jharkhand run away with the match.
Jharkhand also won the women`s crown after thrashing Odisha 4-0 in the final.
Jharkhand, who led 3-0 at the half time scored through Divya Dung Dung (14th, 16th), Betan Dung Dung (28th, 66th).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city