Jharkhand govt announces cash prize for Kabaddi player
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Sunday announced a cash prize of Rs ten lakh to Vindhyavasini for being one of the architects of India`s victory in the final of the first Women’s World Cup Kabaddi Championship recently.
The announcement came during Munda`s visit to Bokaro, where he felicitated the player with a shawl and memento, an official release said here.
"Jharkhand has enormous sporting talent. Players made the state and the country proud in cricket, archery, hockey, and now Kabaddi," Munda said.
Vindhyavasini, who hails from Bokaro, was one of the members in the Indian team that won the world cup defeating Iran 25-19 in the final played in Patna on March 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord