Jharkhand govt announces cash prize for Kabaddi player
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Sunday announced a cash prize of Rs ten lakh to Vindhyavasini for being one of the architects of India`s victory in the final of the first Women’s World Cup Kabaddi Championship recently.
The announcement came during Munda`s visit to Bokaro, where he felicitated the player with a shawl and memento, an official release said here.
"Jharkhand has enormous sporting talent. Players made the state and the country proud in cricket, archery, hockey, and now Kabaddi," Munda said.
Vindhyavasini, who hails from Bokaro, was one of the members in the Indian team that won the world cup defeating Iran 25-19 in the final played in Patna on March 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why