Jharkhand govt announces cash prize for Kabaddi player
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Sunday announced a cash prize of Rs ten lakh to Vindhyavasini for being one of the architects of India`s victory in the final of the first Women’s World Cup Kabaddi Championship recently.
The announcement came during Munda`s visit to Bokaro, where he felicitated the player with a shawl and memento, an official release said here.
"Jharkhand has enormous sporting talent. Players made the state and the country proud in cricket, archery, hockey, and now Kabaddi," Munda said.
Vindhyavasini, who hails from Bokaro, was one of the members in the Indian team that won the world cup defeating Iran 25-19 in the final played in Patna on March 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video