Jharkhand thrash Hockey Maharashtra 13-0
Lucknow: Jharkhand thrashed Hockey Maharashtra 13-0 in their first Pool C league match of the 3rd Hockey India Senior Women National Championship here on Thursday.
Jharkhand played attacking hockey throughout and were leading 6-0 in the first half at Major Dhyan Chand Stadium here.
For Jharkhand, Nisha Rani Aind (6, 11, 35 and 60 min) scored four goals, followed by Shilwanti Minjur (9, 33, 34), Sabnam Lakra (42, 46), Anupam Horo (57, 65), Anita Swansi (44) and Subhashi Hemrom (61).
In pool E, Uttar Pradesh got a walkover over Arunachal.
In another match of the day, Chhattisgarh beat Andhra Pradesh 4-2.
For Chhattisgarh the goal scorers were Anshuli (4, 66) and Neelam Mundu (21, 35).
Monika Nallapalli (55, 59 min) netted the ball for For Andhra Pradesh.
Earlier, Shivpal Singh Yadav, PWD, Cooperative and Irrigation minister inaugurated the 13-day championship at a ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof