Jharkhand thrash Hockey Maharashtra 13-0
Lucknow: Jharkhand thrashed Hockey Maharashtra 13-0 in their first Pool C league match of the 3rd Hockey India Senior Women National Championship here on Thursday.
Jharkhand played attacking hockey throughout and were leading 6-0 in the first half at Major Dhyan Chand Stadium here.
For Jharkhand, Nisha Rani Aind (6, 11, 35 and 60 min) scored four goals, followed by Shilwanti Minjur (9, 33, 34), Sabnam Lakra (42, 46), Anupam Horo (57, 65), Anita Swansi (44) and Subhashi Hemrom (61).
In pool E, Uttar Pradesh got a walkover over Arunachal.
In another match of the day, Chhattisgarh beat Andhra Pradesh 4-2.
For Chhattisgarh the goal scorers were Anshuli (4, 66) and Neelam Mundu (21, 35).
Monika Nallapalli (55, 59 min) netted the ball for For Andhra Pradesh.
Earlier, Shivpal Singh Yadav, PWD, Cooperative and Irrigation minister inaugurated the 13-day championship at a ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today