Jharkhand thrash Hockey Maharashtra 13-0
Lucknow: Jharkhand thrashed Hockey Maharashtra 13-0 in their first Pool C league match of the 3rd Hockey India Senior Women National Championship here on Thursday.
Jharkhand played attacking hockey throughout and were leading 6-0 in the first half at Major Dhyan Chand Stadium here.
For Jharkhand, Nisha Rani Aind (6, 11, 35 and 60 min) scored four goals, followed by Shilwanti Minjur (9, 33, 34), Sabnam Lakra (42, 46), Anupam Horo (57, 65), Anita Swansi (44) and Subhashi Hemrom (61).
In pool E, Uttar Pradesh got a walkover over Arunachal.
In another match of the day, Chhattisgarh beat Andhra Pradesh 4-2.
For Chhattisgarh the goal scorers were Anshuli (4, 66) and Neelam Mundu (21, 35).
Monika Nallapalli (55, 59 min) netted the ball for For Andhra Pradesh.
Earlier, Shivpal Singh Yadav, PWD, Cooperative and Irrigation minister inaugurated the 13-day championship at a ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Indonesian church attacker ''obsessed'' with Islamic State leader: Senior minister
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen Army camp: Security official
- China's Xi Jinping reshuffles key party posts ahead of congress
- FIR filed against Vishal Dadlani, Tehseen Poonawalla over 'monkery' tweet on Jain religious leader
- Breast cancer breakthrough? 16-year-old Indian-origin boy claims cure for disease