Jitu Rai only interested in representing India
Lucknow: Ace shooter Jitu Rai, who brought laurels with a gold medal in recently-concluded Commonwealth Games, today said he is not bothered about any state benefits and is only focussed about the country in international events.
A native of Nepal, `Pistol King` Rai has been living in Lucknow for the past eight years. "I have won the medal for the country and not for UP. I only play for Indian Army," Rai said.
The shooter, who won gold in 50 metre pistol event at Glasgow, said that there was no trace of nervousness during the finals as he had won at several international tournaments earlier.
He said that his next aim was to win in the World Championship scheduled in Granada, Spain, followed by the Asian Games in South Korea.
Rai`s coach Garv Raj Rai said that at present 40 young athletes were learning the nuances of shooting from him.
He hoped that a player like Rai`s calibre would continue to come forward. GOC-in-C Central Command Lt Gen Rajan Bakshi felicitated Rai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list