Johar Cup: HI announces Rs 1 lakh each for members of India U-21 squad
New Delhi: The Hockey India today announced a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh for each member of the India U-21 team that won the Sultan of Johar Cup in Johar Bahru, Malaysia on Sunday.
India beat Malaysia 3-0 to win the final of Sultan of Johor Cup.
The support staff will also be awarded with a cash prize of Rs 50,000 each while Harjit Singh will get an additional cash award of Rs 100,000 for getting the Most Promising Player award.
Also, HI will give a cash award of Rs. 1,00,000 to Indian women`s team goalkeeper Savita who won the `Best Goalkeeper` award at the recently concluded 8th Women`s Asia Cup held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
"I congratulate all the players and support staff for making everyone proud by winning this prestigious tournament. This is just the beginning for the Junior Men who are setting their target on winning the FIH Junior Men`s World Cup to be held in New Delhi from 6-15 December 2013," HI secretary general Narinder Batra was quoted as saying in a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed