Johar Cup: HI announces Rs 1 lakh each for members of India U-21 squad
New Delhi: The Hockey India today announced a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh for each member of the India U-21 team that won the Sultan of Johar Cup in Johar Bahru, Malaysia on Sunday.
India beat Malaysia 3-0 to win the final of Sultan of Johor Cup.
The support staff will also be awarded with a cash prize of Rs 50,000 each while Harjit Singh will get an additional cash award of Rs 100,000 for getting the Most Promising Player award.
Also, HI will give a cash award of Rs. 1,00,000 to Indian women`s team goalkeeper Savita who won the `Best Goalkeeper` award at the recently concluded 8th Women`s Asia Cup held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
"I congratulate all the players and support staff for making everyone proud by winning this prestigious tournament. This is just the beginning for the Junior Men who are setting their target on winning the FIH Junior Men`s World Cup to be held in New Delhi from 6-15 December 2013," HI secretary general Narinder Batra was quoted as saying in a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued