Johor Cup: Pakistan hold India to goalless draw
Johor Bahru (Malaysia): After posting two impressive wins, India were held to a goalless draw by arch-rivals Pakistan in their third round-robin league match at the Sultan of Johor Cup hockey tournament here on Wednesday.
There was plenty of action in the match from the start as both the teams adopted attacking approach but the forwards lacked in giving finishing touches.
The script was no different after the barren first half as both Indian and Pakistani forwards continued to falter at crucial moments.
It was Pakistan who earned the first penalty corner of the match in the 39th minute only for Irfan Muhammad to waste the opportunity.
India should consider themselves unlucky not to have returned with a win from the game as Prabhdeep Singh hit the upright of the Pakistani goal in the 46th minute.
India will next play New Zealand tomorrow before squaring off against hosts Malaysia in their last league match on Saturday.
After three matches, India lead the points table with seven points while Pakistan are languishing at the bottom of the six-team competition on two points.
India had earlier stunned defending champions Australia 2-0 before getting the better of formidable Germany 3-1 in their previous two matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM