Johor Cup: Pakistan hold India to goalless draw
Johor Bahru (Malaysia): After posting two impressive wins, India were held to a goalless draw by arch-rivals Pakistan in their third round-robin league match at the Sultan of Johor Cup hockey tournament here on Wednesday.
There was plenty of action in the match from the start as both the teams adopted attacking approach but the forwards lacked in giving finishing touches.
The script was no different after the barren first half as both Indian and Pakistani forwards continued to falter at crucial moments.
It was Pakistan who earned the first penalty corner of the match in the 39th minute only for Irfan Muhammad to waste the opportunity.
India should consider themselves unlucky not to have returned with a win from the game as Prabhdeep Singh hit the upright of the Pakistani goal in the 46th minute.
India will next play New Zealand tomorrow before squaring off against hosts Malaysia in their last league match on Saturday.
After three matches, India lead the points table with seven points while Pakistan are languishing at the bottom of the six-team competition on two points.
India had earlier stunned defending champions Australia 2-0 before getting the better of formidable Germany 3-1 in their previous two matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'