Joshana Chinappa loses World Squash Championship opener
Penang: World No.19 Joshana Chinappa took a game off fourth-ranked Alison Waters of England before losing in the opening round of the Women`s World Squash Championship here Tuesday.
Chinappa lost 7-11, 7-11, 11-9, 2-11 to exit the tournament which could not be held in 2013 owing to lack of sponsors.
India`s World No.11 Dipika Pallikal plays her opener against qualifier Lisa Aitken of England Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah