Judge denies Armstrong`s request to dismiss $3 mln insurance firm lawsuit
Wellington: Disgraced cycling star Lance Armstrong`s request to dismiss an insurance company`s lawsuit has been refused by a Texas judge.
Nebraska-based Acceptance Insurance Holdings had a contract with Armstrong to pay bonuses for winning the Tour de France and other races.
The company has sued Armstrong seeking three million dollars in bonuses it paid him from 1999 to 2001.
The company sued Armstrong to recover its money after he admitted in January for using performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour every year from 1999 to 2005.
Armstrong`s attorneys had asked Travis County judge Darlene Byrne to dismiss the case, arguing the statute of limitations on any fraud or breach of contract claims expired by 2011.
The judge denied Armstrong`s request to dismiss the case on Monday, allowing the case to proceed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security