Judo Olympian passes away
New Delhi: Olympian judo player, L Brojeshori Devi of Central Reserve Police Force, passed away at Coimbatore.
She was 32.
Brojeshori was in CRPF Training Centre in Coimbatore since last two months on a Departmental Promotion Training Program.
Last night, she complained of stomach pain and was admitted to a hospital, where an operation was conducted. The reason of her death is yet to be confirmed as the post-mortem report is still awaited.
Brojeshori participated in 2000 Sydney Olympic Games, 2002 Asian and Commonwealth Games, besides being a part of a number of international judo events. She won gold medals in the South Asian Games held in 2006 and 2010. She also won medals at national and international level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Good news for 'Feni' lovers! Goa's traditional brew to get 'heritage spirit' tag
- Whoa! Sidharth Malhotra feels 'ishq wala love' for Alia Bhatt?
- After Salman Khan, IOA approaches Sachin Tendulkar, AR Rahman to be Goodwill Ambassadors
- IMF sees emerging market innovations as 'crankiness' of Governor: Raghuram Rajan
- Strengthen ties with India to counter China, Obama administration told