Judo Olympian passes away
New Delhi: Olympian judo player, L Brojeshori Devi of Central Reserve Police Force, passed away at Coimbatore.
She was 32.
Brojeshori was in CRPF Training Centre in Coimbatore since last two months on a Departmental Promotion Training Program.
Last night, she complained of stomach pain and was admitted to a hospital, where an operation was conducted. The reason of her death is yet to be confirmed as the post-mortem report is still awaited.
Brojeshori participated in 2000 Sydney Olympic Games, 2002 Asian and Commonwealth Games, besides being a part of a number of international judo events. She won gold medals in the South Asian Games held in 2006 and 2010. She also won medals at national and international level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi