Judo Olympian passes away
New Delhi: Olympian judo player, L Brojeshori Devi of Central Reserve Police Force, passed away at Coimbatore.
She was 32.
Brojeshori was in CRPF Training Centre in Coimbatore since last two months on a Departmental Promotion Training Program.
Last night, she complained of stomach pain and was admitted to a hospital, where an operation was conducted. The reason of her death is yet to be confirmed as the post-mortem report is still awaited.
Brojeshori participated in 2000 Sydney Olympic Games, 2002 Asian and Commonwealth Games, besides being a part of a number of international judo events. She won gold medals in the South Asian Games held in 2006 and 2010. She also won medals at national and international level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire
- 14 dead due to sudden flooding in US state of West Virginia
- Barack Obama designates first US LGBT national monument
- DECODED: How 'Brexit' threatens to undermine U.S.-Britain special relationship
- Rajiv Gandhi's assassination: Yet to take decision on premature release of Nalini, Tamil Nadu tells Madras HC