Junhui spearheads Chinese domination in snooker
New Delhi: Young Ding Junhui has become one of China`s most famous cueist and is the spearhead of an emerging army of Chinese players making an impact on the professional snooker tour.
The youngest player ever to win three ranking titles, and the only one other than John Higgins to do so before his 20th birthday, World No.4 Junhui today knocked the daylight out of Scotland`s Robbie Williams to storm into the final of the Indian Open world snooker ranking tournament, here.
Junhui, who had yesterday put out world No. 1 Neil Robertson after winning 4-2, once again reigned supreme on the green baize to send World No.73 Williams crashing out of the 300,000-pound event.
Junhui, winner of seven ranking events including PTC Grand Finals and Shanghai Open titles this year, continued his great run, firing in breaks of 68, 59, 142 and 64 en route his comfortable semi-final win.
The highlight of the game was his astonishing break of 142 in the third frame which proved Junhui`s dominance on the professional circuit.
The Chinese ace reduced his lower-ranked opponent to a mere spectator as he looked determined in his quest to reach the pinnacle of the game ?- World No.1 ranking ? by the end of this season.
The score line suggested it all -? 111-0, 90-11, 146-0, 0-87, 76-28.
"I am enjoying my game, I am playing well and looking forward to the title. The playing conditions are good here," said an elated Junhui.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra