Junhui spearheads Chinese domination in snooker
New Delhi: Young Ding Junhui has become one of China`s most famous cueist and is the spearhead of an emerging army of Chinese players making an impact on the professional snooker tour.
The youngest player ever to win three ranking titles, and the only one other than John Higgins to do so before his 20th birthday, World No.4 Junhui today knocked the daylight out of Scotland`s Robbie Williams to storm into the final of the Indian Open world snooker ranking tournament, here.
Junhui, who had yesterday put out world No. 1 Neil Robertson after winning 4-2, once again reigned supreme on the green baize to send World No.73 Williams crashing out of the 300,000-pound event.
Junhui, winner of seven ranking events including PTC Grand Finals and Shanghai Open titles this year, continued his great run, firing in breaks of 68, 59, 142 and 64 en route his comfortable semi-final win.
The highlight of the game was his astonishing break of 142 in the third frame which proved Junhui`s dominance on the professional circuit.
The Chinese ace reduced his lower-ranked opponent to a mere spectator as he looked determined in his quest to reach the pinnacle of the game ?- World No.1 ranking ? by the end of this season.
The score line suggested it all -? 111-0, 90-11, 146-0, 0-87, 76-28.
"I am enjoying my game, I am playing well and looking forward to the title. The playing conditions are good here," said an elated Junhui.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing