Junior Indian wrestlers win 17 medals at Asian championship
Phuket (Thailand): Junior Indian wrestlers won a rich haul of medals at the recently concluded Asian Junior Championships here.
The grapplers won in freestyle, greco-roman and female categories in the tourney held June 12-16.
The freestyle team won three gold, two silver and two bronze medals and also took the overall team championship. The girls team won two silver and three bronze medals while the greco-roman team won a silver and bronze.
This is the first time in wrestling history that Indian juniors bagged 17 medals out of the 24 on offer.
The following is the list of winners:
Freestyle: 1. Mangal Kadyan 50 kg gold, 2. Pradeep Kumar 60 kg gold, 3. Sumit 96 kg gold, 4. Vikas 66 kg silver, 5. Pardeep Kumar 74 kg silver, 6. Mandeep 60 kg bronze, 7. Surjeet 120 kg bronze.
Greco-Roman: 1. Mehar Singh 120 kg silver, 2. Santosh Kr. Yadav 50 kg bronze, 3. Nitin 55 kg bronze, 4. Prabhpal Singh 84 kg bronze, 5. Praveen Dagar 96 kg bronze.
Female: 1. Mamta Rani 48 kg silver, 2. Manisha Mahadev Divekar 72 kg silver, 3. Sheetal Tomar 44 kg bronze, 4. Divyanshi Tyagi 51 kg bronze, 5. Seema 67 kg bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’