Junior shooting team wins gold in German tourney
New Delhi: The Indian junior women`s 10m Air Rifle team -- comprising Shriyanka Sadangi, Apurvi Chandela and Mampi Das -- has bagged a gold medal in the International Junior Shooting Championship in Suhl, Germany.
The trio shot a total score of 1235.3 on Friday.
Hosts Germany bagged the silver with an aggregate score of 1230.4, while Russia finished third with a total of 1222.
Shriyanka was the best performer among the Indians, scoring 413.7 to finish fourth in the individual championship.
National champion Apurvi finished eighth with a score of 411 while Mampi was 10th with 410.6 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional