Junior shooting team wins gold in German tourney
New Delhi: The Indian junior women`s 10m Air Rifle team -- comprising Shriyanka Sadangi, Apurvi Chandela and Mampi Das -- has bagged a gold medal in the International Junior Shooting Championship in Suhl, Germany.
The trio shot a total score of 1235.3 on Friday.
Hosts Germany bagged the silver with an aggregate score of 1230.4, while Russia finished third with a total of 1222.
Shriyanka was the best performer among the Indians, scoring 413.7 to finish fourth in the individual championship.
National champion Apurvi finished eighth with a score of 411 while Mampi was 10th with 410.6 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it