Junior shooting team wins gold in German tourney
New Delhi: The Indian junior women`s 10m Air Rifle team -- comprising Shriyanka Sadangi, Apurvi Chandela and Mampi Das -- has bagged a gold medal in the International Junior Shooting Championship in Suhl, Germany.
The trio shot a total score of 1235.3 on Friday.
Hosts Germany bagged the silver with an aggregate score of 1230.4, while Russia finished third with a total of 1222.
Shriyanka was the best performer among the Indians, scoring 413.7 to finish fourth in the individual championship.
National champion Apurvi finished eighth with a score of 411 while Mampi was 10th with 410.6 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why