Jwala Gutta unhappy at preference given to Saina
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Delhi: Doubles’ badminton player and Gold medallist at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, Jwala Gutta, has expressed disappointment at the privileged status and publicity meted out to Saina Nehwal despite putting in equally impressive performances in the double’s format of the game.
In an interview given to a leading newspaper, the 29-year-old shuttler said, “Doubles players put in the same amount of effort but are always discriminated.”
She further added that the upcoming Indian Badminton League (IBL) would give these players a better platform for recognition and would help in the promotion of the sport in the country.
She also spoke of her determination to change the attitude of the public towards doubles’ players for the sake of the younger generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok