Jwala Gutta unhappy at preference given to Saina
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Delhi: Doubles’ badminton player and Gold medallist at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, Jwala Gutta, has expressed disappointment at the privileged status and publicity meted out to Saina Nehwal despite putting in equally impressive performances in the double’s format of the game.
In an interview given to a leading newspaper, the 29-year-old shuttler said, “Doubles players put in the same amount of effort but are always discriminated.”
She further added that the upcoming Indian Badminton League (IBL) would give these players a better platform for recognition and would help in the promotion of the sport in the country.
She also spoke of her determination to change the attitude of the public towards doubles’ players for the sake of the younger generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!
- Australian man killed fighting against Islamic State terrorists in Syria