Jwala`s IBL conduct to be investigated
New Delhi: The Badminton Association of India`s disciplinary committee will investigate doubles shuttler Jwala Gutta`s conduct during the Indian Badminton League (IBL) when her side, the Krrish Delhi Smashers, threatened to abandon a tie in Bangalore Aug 25.
The Delhi team, led by icon player Jwala, threatened to forfeit the tie against the Banga Beats when the latter tried to replace an injured singles player Hu Yun with Jan O Jorgensen in the eleventh hour.
The Smashers protested despite the IBL governing council`s go-ahead to the Beats. Only after the hosts decided to leave out O Jorgensen and play Arvind Bhat instead, did Delhi agree to continue.
"BAI`s disciplinary committee headed by S. Muralitharan has been asked to investigate Jwala Gutta`s conduct during the IBL. She has been served a show-cause notice and has been asked to explain her conduct during the incident. She will have to respond to the notice within 14 days," said a BAI statement Thursday.
BAI`s executive council has also decided to appoint a retired High Court judge to investigate the incident when the match was delayed by half an hour due to the same issue.
"The IBL`s governing council has been asked to appoint a retired High Court judge to investigate the incident during the league match between Krrish Delhi Smashers and Banga Beats Aug 25. The start of the match was delayed for half an hour after Delhi Smashers refused to take the court over a replacement player. The governing council will meet in the next few days to finalise the appointment," added the statement.
The statement also said that the BAI executive council has granted the suspended Delhi Badminton Association (DBA), the status of a club without voting rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA