Jwala`s IBL conduct to be investigated
New Delhi: The Badminton Association of India`s disciplinary committee will investigate doubles shuttler Jwala Gutta`s conduct during the Indian Badminton League (IBL) when her side, the Krrish Delhi Smashers, threatened to abandon a tie in Bangalore Aug 25.
The Delhi team, led by icon player Jwala, threatened to forfeit the tie against the Banga Beats when the latter tried to replace an injured singles player Hu Yun with Jan O Jorgensen in the eleventh hour.
The Smashers protested despite the IBL governing council`s go-ahead to the Beats. Only after the hosts decided to leave out O Jorgensen and play Arvind Bhat instead, did Delhi agree to continue.
"BAI`s disciplinary committee headed by S. Muralitharan has been asked to investigate Jwala Gutta`s conduct during the IBL. She has been served a show-cause notice and has been asked to explain her conduct during the incident. She will have to respond to the notice within 14 days," said a BAI statement Thursday.
BAI`s executive council has also decided to appoint a retired High Court judge to investigate the incident when the match was delayed by half an hour due to the same issue.
"The IBL`s governing council has been asked to appoint a retired High Court judge to investigate the incident during the league match between Krrish Delhi Smashers and Banga Beats Aug 25. The start of the match was delayed for half an hour after Delhi Smashers refused to take the court over a replacement player. The governing council will meet in the next few days to finalise the appointment," added the statement.
The statement also said that the BAI executive council has granted the suspended Delhi Badminton Association (DBA), the status of a club without voting rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you