Jwala thanks well-wishers for standing behind her
Hyderabad: Elated with Delhi High Court`s order to allow her to take part in national and international tournaments, top doubles shuttler Jwala Gutta today thanked everyone who stood by her during the hour of crisis.
"I am very very happy that the order of the honourable judge was in our favour. Happy that I am allowed to play. My whole life I have done nothing but played badminton. I just hope I continue to do that and bring laurels to the country, and make everyone proud," said Jwala.
Extending her gratitude to her doubles partner Ashwini Ponnappa and her coaches, Jwala said, "I am thankful to Clean Sports India (CSI) who openly lend its support and to Ashwini, who was also going through a lot of stress because it was not only my entry that was withdrawn from the Denmark Open but also hers. So I am really glad that she understood me and stood by me. That makes me really very strong.
"In fact, I want to thank (Banga Beats coach) Vimal Kumar Sir, (coach Syed Mohammad) Arif Sir, all my friends and everyone stood who by me. Even one line messages from them were enough to give me strength to win the battle," she insisted.
The Delhi High Court yesterday asked Badminton Association of India (BAI) to allow Jwala to participate in upcoming tournaments till the disciplinary authority takes a final decision on the issue of her alleged indiscipline.
The two upcoming badminton tournaments in which Gutta was to participate were Denmark Open scheduled from October 15 to 20 and French Open from October 22 to 27.
The BAI, however, had withdrawn the selection of Jwala and her doubles partner Ashwini Ponnappa from Denmark Open.
The BAI`s disciplinary committee has recommended a life ban on Jwala for trying to stop some players of her franchise Krrish Delhi Smashers from playing a match against Banga Beats in the Indian Badminton League in August this year.
Jwala approached the High Court challenging the decision of BAI to recommend a life ban on her for alleged indiscipline in the IBL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti says she 'felt ashamed as a Muslim', stirs controversy — Read details
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries