K`taka govt honours Girisha, gives Rs 20 lakh cash reward
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar today handed over a cheque for Rs 20 lakh to London Paralympic silver medallist Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda here.
"Our chief minister has handed over a cheque of Rs 20 lakh to Girisha for winning a silver in high jump category at recently-concluded London Paralympic Games," Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Appachu Ranjan told reporters here.
Girisha, who has an impairment in his left leg, sailed over 1.74m in the final of the Games to finish second behind Iliesa Delana of Fiji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says