K`taka govt honours Girisha, gives Rs 20 lakh cash reward
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar today handed over a cheque for Rs 20 lakh to London Paralympic silver medallist Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda here.
"Our chief minister has handed over a cheque of Rs 20 lakh to Girisha for winning a silver in high jump category at recently-concluded London Paralympic Games," Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Appachu Ranjan told reporters here.
Girisha, who has an impairment in his left leg, sailed over 1.74m in the final of the Games to finish second behind Iliesa Delana of Fiji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed