Kalmadi not to resign, asks Malhotra to continue as IOA chief
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Out on bail Suresh Kalmadi has decided to step aside as IOA president for the time being after the notion drew huge criticism from the masses and media.
In a letter to acting president VK Malhotra, Kalmadi asked the former to continue with his duties as Kalmadi himself would be unable to participate in IOA activities for a long time. However, Kalmadi has not officially resigned as IOA president.
Meanwhile, VK Malhotra informed the International Olympic Committee about Kalmadi’s letter and said he will continue as acting IOA president in Kalmadi’s absence.
“I am authorized to run IOA in the absence of Suresh Kalmadi,” Malhotra told IOC.
After spending nine months in jail, Kalmadi was yesterday granted bail by Delhi High Court in a 2010 Games-related graft case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender