Kalmadi not to resign, asks Malhotra to continue as IOA chief
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Out on bail Suresh Kalmadi has decided to step aside as IOA president for the time being after the notion drew huge criticism from the masses and media.
In a letter to acting president VK Malhotra, Kalmadi asked the former to continue with his duties as Kalmadi himself would be unable to participate in IOA activities for a long time. However, Kalmadi has not officially resigned as IOA president.
Meanwhile, VK Malhotra informed the International Olympic Committee about Kalmadi’s letter and said he will continue as acting IOA president in Kalmadi’s absence.
“I am authorized to run IOA in the absence of Suresh Kalmadi,” Malhotra told IOC.
After spending nine months in jail, Kalmadi was yesterday granted bail by Delhi High Court in a 2010 Games-related graft case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory