Kalmadi not to resign, asks Malhotra to continue as IOA chief
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Out on bail Suresh Kalmadi has decided to step aside as IOA president for the time being after the notion drew huge criticism from the masses and media.
In a letter to acting president VK Malhotra, Kalmadi asked the former to continue with his duties as Kalmadi himself would be unable to participate in IOA activities for a long time. However, Kalmadi has not officially resigned as IOA president.
Meanwhile, VK Malhotra informed the International Olympic Committee about Kalmadi’s letter and said he will continue as acting IOA president in Kalmadi’s absence.
“I am authorized to run IOA in the absence of Suresh Kalmadi,” Malhotra told IOC.
After spending nine months in jail, Kalmadi was yesterday granted bail by Delhi High Court in a 2010 Games-related graft case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- President Pranab Mukherjee appoints Kiran Bedi as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry
- Borrowing immune cells can help fight cancer
- Nearly half of all heart attacks may be 'silent'
- Seven crucial points new BCCI president Anurag Thakur raised during maiden press conference
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....