Karbonn to sponsor ongoing hockey Test series
New Delhi: Indian mobile company, Karbonn Mobiles, became the official sponsors of the ongoing five-match hockey Test series between India and South Africa.
The company will also patronise the women`s Test event between India and Azerbaijan which is currently underway at the city`s Major Dhyanchan National Hockey Stadium.
Both the Test series` which are scheduled between January 15 and 22, have been named as the `Karbonn Cup`.
Indian women have already taken an unassailable 3-0 lead over their Azerbaijanian rivals with just one Test to spare while the men`s team is so far 2-0 up in the series.
"We are pleased to host the Karbonn Cup and extend our support to the national sport. We being an Indian brand and Hockey being the national sport, the connection goes a long way in establishing the lost glory of Indian Hockey," managing director of Jaina Group, Pradeep Jain said.
"India has always had a great tradition for hockey especially at the Olympic Games. We have won eight gold medals at the Olympics and this is the highest among all national teams. This year being an Olympic year, the Karbonn Cup is all about supporting the Indian teams on the road to the London Olympics later this year," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla