Karbonn to sponsor ongoing hockey Test series
New Delhi: Indian mobile company, Karbonn Mobiles, became the official sponsors of the ongoing five-match hockey Test series between India and South Africa.
The company will also patronise the women`s Test event between India and Azerbaijan which is currently underway at the city`s Major Dhyanchan National Hockey Stadium.
Both the Test series` which are scheduled between January 15 and 22, have been named as the `Karbonn Cup`.
Indian women have already taken an unassailable 3-0 lead over their Azerbaijanian rivals with just one Test to spare while the men`s team is so far 2-0 up in the series.
"We are pleased to host the Karbonn Cup and extend our support to the national sport. We being an Indian brand and Hockey being the national sport, the connection goes a long way in establishing the lost glory of Indian Hockey," managing director of Jaina Group, Pradeep Jain said.
"India has always had a great tradition for hockey especially at the Olympic Games. We have won eight gold medals at the Olympics and this is the highest among all national teams. This year being an Olympic year, the Karbonn Cup is all about supporting the Indian teams on the road to the London Olympics later this year," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state