Kashyap becomes World No.6
New Delhi: London Olympics quarterfinalist Parupalli Kashyap jumped a place to sixth in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released on Thursday.
Despite losing his men`s singles first round match at the India Open Super Series here Wednesday, Kashyap managed to reach his career best ranking.
Seventeen-year-old P.V. Sindhu also reached her career-best ranking of No.15 in the women`s singles while city-mate Saina Nehwal retained the No.2 spot.
R.M.V. Gurusaidutt and Sourabh Verma also leapt two places each to be ranked at 33 and 36, respectively, while the highest ranked Indian male shuttler after Kashyap is Ajay Jayaram, who kept his 30th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra