Kashyap becomes World No.6
New Delhi: London Olympics quarterfinalist Parupalli Kashyap jumped a place to sixth in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released on Thursday.
Despite losing his men`s singles first round match at the India Open Super Series here Wednesday, Kashyap managed to reach his career best ranking.
Seventeen-year-old P.V. Sindhu also reached her career-best ranking of No.15 in the women`s singles while city-mate Saina Nehwal retained the No.2 spot.
R.M.V. Gurusaidutt and Sourabh Verma also leapt two places each to be ranked at 33 and 36, respectively, while the highest ranked Indian male shuttler after Kashyap is Ajay Jayaram, who kept his 30th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state