Kashyap launches Shuttle Express in Lucknow
Lucknow: India`s top men`s badminton player Parupalli Kashyap launched the Indian Badminton League`s `Shuttle Express` school initiative at the La Martiniere Boys School here Friday.
The school championship is being held under the aegis of the Uttar Pradesh Badminton Association from 20-21. The winners in the boys and girls singles categories will play the finals in August.
Speaking at the launch, World No.13 Kashyap said: "Shuttle Express will provide an excellent platform to badminton aspirants who are looking at pursuing the sport seriously."
Also talking about the initiative was Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta who said: "It gives us immense joy and pride to introduce the IBL school programme initiative Shuttle Express to lakhs of students across the country."
The Shuttle Express will offer an incentive of Rs.10 lakh in prize money to the winners while the finalists will also be given an opportunity to train at the Pullela Gopichand Academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets