Kashyap launches Shuttle Express in Lucknow
Lucknow: India`s top men`s badminton player Parupalli Kashyap launched the Indian Badminton League`s `Shuttle Express` school initiative at the La Martiniere Boys School here Friday.
The school championship is being held under the aegis of the Uttar Pradesh Badminton Association from 20-21. The winners in the boys and girls singles categories will play the finals in August.
Speaking at the launch, World No.13 Kashyap said: "Shuttle Express will provide an excellent platform to badminton aspirants who are looking at pursuing the sport seriously."
Also talking about the initiative was Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta who said: "It gives us immense joy and pride to introduce the IBL school programme initiative Shuttle Express to lakhs of students across the country."
The Shuttle Express will offer an incentive of Rs.10 lakh in prize money to the winners while the finalists will also be given an opportunity to train at the Pullela Gopichand Academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September