Kashyap loses in quarters of China Open
Shanghai: Parupalli Kashyap lost his quarterfinal match at the $350,000 China Open Super Series Premier badminton event to local hope Zhengming Wang in straight games here Friday.
The World No.17 Chinese won their first ever encounter 21-17, 21-7 in 34 minutes at the Yuan Shen Gymnasium.
Wang`s net winners proved crucial as he took several points away from the London Olympics quarterfinalist.
The first game was a neck-and-neck fight till the change of sides. But from 11-all Wang took the initiative to extend his lead as Kashyap dropped his serve at regular intervals. The Chinese took just one game-point to take the lead in the contest.
The second game was a complete rout by the Chinese who 21 of the 28 points played. From 12-6, Wang raced away to 20-6 before wrapping up the tie on his second match point.
The World No.23 Hyderabadi will next play the $250,000 Hong Kong Open Super Series starting next Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi