Kashyap loses in quarters of China Open
Shanghai: Parupalli Kashyap lost his quarterfinal match at the $350,000 China Open Super Series Premier badminton event to local hope Zhengming Wang in straight games here Friday.
The World No.17 Chinese won their first ever encounter 21-17, 21-7 in 34 minutes at the Yuan Shen Gymnasium.
Wang`s net winners proved crucial as he took several points away from the London Olympics quarterfinalist.
The first game was a neck-and-neck fight till the change of sides. But from 11-all Wang took the initiative to extend his lead as Kashyap dropped his serve at regular intervals. The Chinese took just one game-point to take the lead in the contest.
The second game was a complete rout by the Chinese who 21 of the 28 points played. From 12-6, Wang raced away to 20-6 before wrapping up the tie on his second match point.
The World No.23 Hyderabadi will next play the $250,000 Hong Kong Open Super Series starting next Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal