Kashyap out of top 10, Saina clings to world number 2 rank
New Delhi: Ace Indian shuttler Parupalli Kashyap slipped out of the top-10 bracket but Olympic bronze medallist Saina Nehwal continued to hold on to her second position in the latest World badminton ranking issued today.
The London Olympics quarter-finalist Kashyap (51690), who jumped to the ninth place late last month, held the position for three weeks but he now finds himself at number 11, a loss of two places.
Kashyap was not scheduled to play any tournament in the last one month and the players who benefitted from his absence are Vietnam`s Tien Minh Nguyen (9) and Deanmark`s Jan O Jorgensen (10).
Young sensation P V Sindhu, who cracked the top 20 bracket in September last year, was static at world number 16 in the women`s ranking.
Among other male shuttlers, Ajay Jayaram slipped one place to be at 32nd, while RMV Gurusaidutt gained a position to 37th. Sourabh Verma is the other Indian inside the top 50 at 42nd place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack