Kashyap out of top 10, Sindhu rises to 13
New Delhi: London Olympics quarter-finalist, Parupalli Kashyap dropped out of the men`s singles top-10 while rising shuttler P V Sindhu rose two places to reach a career-best of No.13 in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released on Thursday.
Kashyap, who had achieved a career-high of World No.6 last week, suffered a reversal of fortunes due to his first round exit at the recently concluded India Open. The Hyderabadi shuttler dropped five places to be ranked 11.
Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram, who had reached the India Open quarters last week, jumped three places to 27 while RMV Gurusaidutt gained five places to be placed at 28. Madhya Pradesh`s Sourabh Verma rose a rung to 35.
Anand Pawar, who had reached the semifinals for his best performance at a Super Series event, jumped 11 places to 42 while B Sai Praneeth moved up 15 places to 47.
K Srikkanth rose 11 places to 52 while H S Prannoy jumped 21 places to career-best 55.
In the women`s singles, London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal retained her second position in the world rankings despite making the second round exit at India Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room