Kashyap out of top 10, Sindhu rises to 13
New Delhi: London Olympics quarter-finalist, Parupalli Kashyap dropped out of the men`s singles top-10 while rising shuttler P V Sindhu rose two places to reach a career-best of No.13 in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released on Thursday.
Kashyap, who had achieved a career-high of World No.6 last week, suffered a reversal of fortunes due to his first round exit at the recently concluded India Open. The Hyderabadi shuttler dropped five places to be ranked 11.
Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram, who had reached the India Open quarters last week, jumped three places to 27 while RMV Gurusaidutt gained five places to be placed at 28. Madhya Pradesh`s Sourabh Verma rose a rung to 35.
Anand Pawar, who had reached the semifinals for his best performance at a Super Series event, jumped 11 places to 42 while B Sai Praneeth moved up 15 places to 47.
K Srikkanth rose 11 places to 52 while H S Prannoy jumped 21 places to career-best 55.
In the women`s singles, London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal retained her second position in the world rankings despite making the second round exit at India Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why