Kashyap reaches career-best ranking of 11
New Delhi: London Olympics quarterfinalist Parupalli Kashyap achieved a new high as he was ranked World No.11 in the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released Thursday.
Kashyap, who was ranked a career-best 14th after winning the Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold in Lucknow in December, jumped another three places in the men`s singles rankings.
"My aim was to be in the top-10 by 2013 and I am glad that I have got close to that right at the beginning of the year," Kashyap told IANS from Seoul where he lost his second round match in Korea Open Thursday.
Mumbai shuttler Ajay Jayaram also gained a place to be ranked 30th.
In the women`s singles rankings, P.V. Sindhu gained two places to be ranked a career-best 17th. Sindhu, who also lost in the second round in Korea, had reached the final of the Syed Modi tournament.
India`s ace Saina Nehwal retained her third place in the world rankings. The Hyderabadi reached the quarterfinals in Korea Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’