Kate becomes honorary member at Wimbledon
London: The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton has accepted an honorary membership at Wimbledon.
The Duchess, an ardent tennis fan, is already a Centre Court regular alongside husband Prince William or sister Pippa Middleton and will now be seen more often at the world-famous All England Tennis Club as a member.
United States player Andy Roddick, who had featured in three Wimbledon finals besides winning 2003 US Open, has also been granted honorary status.
"The Duchess was pleased to accept the kind offer, particularly given her interest in tennis," a Palace spokesperson said.
Some reports suggest she may be invited to succeed the Duke of Kent, 77, as club president when he decides to stand down.
However, with a baby on the way in July, Kate is unlikely to catch much of the Wimbledon tennis season this year.
Earlier this week, it was revealed she was undergoing hypnotherapy, after a severe bout of morning sickness earlier in her pregnancy.
The Duchess` childhood friend Jessica Hay told `Evening Standard` that the Duchess still looks at food and feels nauseous.
"She`s been plagued with that feeling you have when you`ve had food poisoning and your stomach`s shrunk. She finds it very hard to eat a full meal and gets full very quickly.
"The hypnotherapy is taking away any negative thoughts connected with food from the morning sickness, and replacing them with cravings for healthy, nutritious food," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Results 2016 to be declared on Thursday (June 30). Log on to bed.mhpravesh.in
- Afghan President calls for joint action against terrorism, condemns Istanbul attack
- West Bengal madrassa board wants vocational courses
- Rio Olympic 2016: IOA taking steps to nullify Zika virus threat on Indian contingent
- Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016: Check rajeduboard.nic.in for BSER/RBSE 8th board result 2016