Kaushik demands Malhotra`s resignation
New Delhi: The secretary General of Netball Federation of India, Hari Om Kaushik, who is contesting for the post of treasurer in the upcoming IOA election, today demanded the resignation of Acting President V K Malhotra for "messing up" the poll process.
Kaushik alleged that Malhotra had deliberately created such a dispute on the code to be followed for the polls and it was now his "moral duty" to step down from the post.
"I have come to know that International Olympic Committee stated, vide its letter dated 23rd November, that a proposal for suspension of our NOC will be presented to the IOC Executive Board at its next meeting on 4-5 December, 2012, based on Rules 27.9 and 59.1.4 of the Olympic Charter".
"I would like to place one question before you. Whether you were not aware about the Olympic Charter and the Government Guidelines, which are totally different, before announcement of this election. If you were well aware that this situation and criticism will arise, why have you not taken any action so far...", Kaushik said in a letter to Malhotra.
"As you have messed up this situation and the Government of India as well as the International Olympic Committee are very angry with the IOA, it was your responsibility to handle this situation, but you have failed. It is your moral duty to resign from the post of Acting President of IOA", he said.
Kaushik alleged that because of Malhotra the IOA was facing lot of criticism not only from the Government, IOC, OCA but general public also.
Malhotra`s office has rubbished the allegations and said it was totally unfair to suggest such a thing.
The IOA elections scheduled for December 5 has been mired in controversy over which of the two -- the government`s Sports Code or the Olympic Charter -- should be followed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference