Kazakhstan cyclist wins Tour de India
Greater Noida: Cyclist Pannasenko Nikita of Kazakhstan managed to edge past German Plarre Matthias in a photo-finish to win the final leg of the Tour de India at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) , also emerging the overall winner with 16 points.
Nikita finished the 25 lap race on the Formula 1 circuit milliseconds ahead of second placed Matthias in 2:57.18 while Akparov Abdullo of Uzbekistan finished third 35 seconds behind.
Matthias also finished second overall with 10 points while third Almansoori Ahmeed of U.A.E. finished third in the standings.
Jeetha Ram was the top Indian, clocking 2:57.53 helping him to finish third in the overall table.
Arvind Panwar finished second in the race to clinch the top spot in the standings with 16 points to be the best amongst Indians.
Surpreet Singh came third in the race to finish second overall with 14 points.
The prize money for the race was Rs. 15 lakh ($35,000).
The Cycling Federation of India (CFI) approved event saw 80 international riders from 54 nationalities taking part in the 128 km race.
The first and second leg of the Tour de India was held in Mumbai and Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29