Kazakhstan cyclist wins Tour de India
Greater Noida: Cyclist Pannasenko Nikita of Kazakhstan managed to edge past German Plarre Matthias in a photo-finish to win the final leg of the Tour de India at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) , also emerging the overall winner with 16 points.
Nikita finished the 25 lap race on the Formula 1 circuit milliseconds ahead of second placed Matthias in 2:57.18 while Akparov Abdullo of Uzbekistan finished third 35 seconds behind.
Matthias also finished second overall with 10 points while third Almansoori Ahmeed of U.A.E. finished third in the standings.
Jeetha Ram was the top Indian, clocking 2:57.53 helping him to finish third in the overall table.
Arvind Panwar finished second in the race to clinch the top spot in the standings with 16 points to be the best amongst Indians.
Surpreet Singh came third in the race to finish second overall with 14 points.
The prize money for the race was Rs. 15 lakh ($35,000).
The Cycling Federation of India (CFI) approved event saw 80 international riders from 54 nationalities taking part in the 128 km race.
The first and second leg of the Tour de India was held in Mumbai and Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'