Kenya`s Rudisha ruled out of trials for Athletics Worlds in Moscow
Nairobi: World champion and record holder David Rudisha is out of the 2013 Kenya trials for Moscow but his place in the men 800m squad is assured if he can recover sufficiently from the knee injury he suffered ahead of the New York Diamond League meeting.
Athletics Kenya (AK) vice-president David Okeyo said here Thursday they were in constant communication with the Olympic champion who is his country`s signature global star, reports Xinhua.
"I speak to him daily and his doctors sent us the pictures of his knees which we gave to our own and we agreed he should be allowed to take time to recover well and I can confirm he will not be running at the trials," Okeyo said.
"His place in the team is assured if he recovers well for three reasons, he is the world record holder, defending champion and Olympics champion and besides, he has set qualifying times this season already."
The Kenya selection event is set for next Saturday, July 13, at Nairobi`s Nyayo Stadium to fill in the remaining slots in the country`s Track and Field team for the IAAF World Championships that will run in Moscow Aug 10-18.
The Kenyan team is set to depart for the Moscow Worlds Aug 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery