Kenya`s Rudisha ruled out of trials for Athletics Worlds in Moscow
Nairobi: World champion and record holder David Rudisha is out of the 2013 Kenya trials for Moscow but his place in the men 800m squad is assured if he can recover sufficiently from the knee injury he suffered ahead of the New York Diamond League meeting.
Athletics Kenya (AK) vice-president David Okeyo said here Thursday they were in constant communication with the Olympic champion who is his country`s signature global star, reports Xinhua.
"I speak to him daily and his doctors sent us the pictures of his knees which we gave to our own and we agreed he should be allowed to take time to recover well and I can confirm he will not be running at the trials," Okeyo said.
"His place in the team is assured if he recovers well for three reasons, he is the world record holder, defending champion and Olympics champion and besides, he has set qualifying times this season already."
The Kenya selection event is set for next Saturday, July 13, at Nairobi`s Nyayo Stadium to fill in the remaining slots in the country`s Track and Field team for the IAAF World Championships that will run in Moscow Aug 10-18.
The Kenyan team is set to depart for the Moscow Worlds Aug 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC