Kenyan Kiprop retains world 1,500 metres title
Moscow: Kenyan Asbel Kiprop put last year`s Olympic disappointment firmly behind him with an emphatic 1,500 metres world title defence on Sunday.
The long-striding Kiprop`s devastating finishing kick quickly took him clear when he loomed up on team mate Nixon Kiplomo Chepseba`s shoulder around 80 metres from home and he coasted over the line in 3:36.28.
Kiprop, Olympic champion in 2008, finished last in London when he was nursing a hamstring injury but has been in hot form this season, including a scintillating run in Monaco last month when he became the fourth fastest of all-time at the distance.
In the battle for minor medals, American Matthew Centrowitz (3:36.78) took silver and South African Johan Cronje (3.36:83) bronze.
Algeria`s Olympic champion Taoufik Makhloufi missed the championships through illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL