Kerri Walsh Jennings was five weeks pregnant during Olympics
New York: US beach volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings has revealed a shocking secret that she was five weeks pregnant when she won her third Olympic gold medal at the London Olympics.
“When I was throwing my body around fearlessly, and going for gold for our country, I was pregnant, and today I’m 11 weeks pregnant,” a daily quoted her saying in an interview.
The Olympian sat with her husband Casey as they shared the happy news on air.
They revealed they were trying for a third child before the Olympics, but didn’t expect it to happen so quickly.
“I’m a pretty happy girl and I was unreasonably moody.”
“I thought it could have been the stress of the games and travel kind of throws your schedule off, but I knew.”
“At some point, you’re late and then you start feeling something. And I definitely started feeling something in London,” she said.
She said, in retrospect, she did look pregnant.
“I look at pictures and I’m like, ‘God you can tell!’ I look thicker,” she added.
The baby is due on April 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan