Kevin Durant`s scoring streak stops at 41 games
Sacramento: Kevin Durant`s historic scoring streak came to a halt Tuesday as the Oklahoma City Thunder toppled the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday 107-92.
Thunder forward Durant finished with 23 points as his run of scoring at least 25 points ended at 41 games. He passed Michael Jordan last time out for the third longest streak in history.
Durant expressed relief Tuesday that it was over and they can get back to concentrating on winning games.
"Sometimes it was a little bit more of a distraction to the team," Durant said. "I don`t like all the attention on me when it is a team game."
Durant, who is a strong candidate for most valuable player of the year, has also scored 20 or more points in 50 consecutive games.
Durant, who is leading the league in scoring, last failed to score 25 or more points on January 5 against Boston.
Oscar Robertson had a 46-game run of 25-plus points back in 1963-64 and Wilt Chamberlain did it in all 80 regular-season games of the 1961-62 season while playing for the Philadelphia Warriors.
Those two streaks happened before the league`s three-point era came into being, making Durant`s the longest of the so called modern era.
Durant has won the scoring title in four of the last five seasons.
Caron Butler made all six of his attempts from three-point range for 23 points off the bench and Serge Ibaka finished with 19 points in the rout for Oklahoma City who ended a two-game losing skid.
DeMarcus Cousins had a double, double with 24-points and 14-rebounds. Travis Outlaw also had 24 points and Ben McLemore scored 11 in the Kings` sixth loss in eight games.
Cousins matched Chris Webber`s franchise record of 50 double doubles in a season. Webber did it in the 2001-02 season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’