Khade, Sejwal shine in Singapore
Bangalore: Indian swimmers Virdhawal Khade and Sandeep Sejwal won eight medals including four golds, between them at the seventh Singapore Open Swimming Championships here on Saturday.
Khade bagged two golds and three bronze, while his teammate Sejwal brought home two golds and a silver at event.
Asian Games medalist, Khade won the gold in the 50m and 100m Freestyle events clocking 23.21 and 51.08 seconds respectively.
The young sensation added three bronze medals to his tally while competing in the 200m Freestyle event (1:52.54), 100m Butterfly Event (55.37) and as a significant member of the 400m Freestyle Relay team.
Sejwal too was very impressive in his performance, securing podium finishes in all the events he participated in.
The 22-year-old from Delhi won the gold in 50m Breaststroke with a timing of 29.10 seconds. His second gold came in the 100m Breaststroke event, clocking 1:03.72.
Sejwal ended his campaign with a silver in the 200m Breastroke event with a time of 2:17.50.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!