Khade signs off with gold and record
Tokyo: Virdhawal Khade signed off in style,
winning the gold medal in the 50m freestyle event with a new
national record before watching compatriot Richa Mishra
emulate his feat in the 1500m freestyle event of the Asian Age
Group Swimming Championships here today.
Competing in the first event of the championship`s last
day, Khade clocked 22.55sec to eclipse the existing national
record (22.68) which he had set at the Commonwealth Youth
Games in Pune.
In the process, he also bettered the meet record which
stood at 23.02sec.
In girls (18 plus) 1500m freestyle event, Richa Mishra
clocked 17min 33.35sec to win the gold, setting a new meet and
national record in the process.
Among others, Rehan Poncha (2min 00.70sec) won the silver
medal in the 200m butterfly event with a new national record
while Aaron D`Souza (4min 03.61s) also bagged the silver in
The Indian quarter of Pulkit Kumar, Jayawant Vijaya
Kumar, Gagan AP and Aaron D Souza clocked 3min 36.90sec to win
the bronze in 400m freestyle relay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail