Khade signs off with gold and record
Tokyo: Virdhawal Khade signed off in style,
winning the gold medal in the 50m freestyle event with a new
national record before watching compatriot Richa Mishra
emulate his feat in the 1500m freestyle event of the Asian Age
Group Swimming Championships here today.
Competing in the first event of the championship`s last
day, Khade clocked 22.55sec to eclipse the existing national
record (22.68) which he had set at the Commonwealth Youth
Games in Pune.
In the process, he also bettered the meet record which
stood at 23.02sec.
In girls (18 plus) 1500m freestyle event, Richa Mishra
clocked 17min 33.35sec to win the gold, setting a new meet and
national record in the process.
Among others, Rehan Poncha (2min 00.70sec) won the silver
medal in the 200m butterfly event with a new national record
while Aaron D`Souza (4min 03.61s) also bagged the silver in
The Indian quarter of Pulkit Kumar, Jayawant Vijaya
Kumar, Gagan AP and Aaron D Souza clocked 3min 36.90sec to win
the bronze in 400m freestyle relay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply