Khade signs off with gold and record
Tokyo: Virdhawal Khade signed off in style,
winning the gold medal in the 50m freestyle event with a new
national record before watching compatriot Richa Mishra
emulate his feat in the 1500m freestyle event of the Asian Age
Group Swimming Championships here today.
Competing in the first event of the championship`s last
day, Khade clocked 22.55sec to eclipse the existing national
record (22.68) which he had set at the Commonwealth Youth
Games in Pune.
In the process, he also bettered the meet record which
stood at 23.02sec.
In girls (18 plus) 1500m freestyle event, Richa Mishra
clocked 17min 33.35sec to win the gold, setting a new meet and
national record in the process.
Among others, Rehan Poncha (2min 00.70sec) won the silver
medal in the 200m butterfly event with a new national record
while Aaron D`Souza (4min 03.61s) also bagged the silver in
The Indian quarter of Pulkit Kumar, Jayawant Vijaya
Kumar, Gagan AP and Aaron D Souza clocked 3min 36.90sec to win
the bronze in 400m freestyle relay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre