Khan eyeing Hatton ‘world title’ bout after Molina clash
London: British boxer Amir Khan has announced that he will fight undefeated Californian pugilist Carlos Molina in Los Angeles on 15 December, and added that he could fight good friend Ricky Hatton, but only if the bout is for a world championship.
The former WBA and IBF light-welterweight champion must first come through his bout with Molina, and Khan believes Hatton is a more likely opponent than Kell Brook.
“It just depends on what`s out there. Brook won`t be a world champion in a year`s time. So I can`t see it being Brook,” the Daily Mirror quoted Khan, as saying.
“Maybe Hatton, if he`s a world champion. I`m going to see how I feel at light-welterweight. I want to get another crack at Danny Garcia. If I get that then, I will move up to 147,” he added.
“The Ricky fight is one people keep talking about. I feel it can happen. Boxing is a business and I would rather do it if he was a world champion. It would be huge. Me and Ricky are good friends,” he said.
Khan`s instant priority is getting his career back on track after losing his last two fights and he admits the Molina contest at Los Angeles`` Sports Arena is make or break for him.
“I don`t want to lose this one. I don`t want to be in that position where, if I lose, I`m thinking ``where do I go from here?” Khan said.
“I need to win this fight. It`s make-or-break. That`s why I have changed everything. 100 per cent, this is on the line. I have to make sure I don`t make any mistakes. I will fight for a world title next year and I will be world champion again,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing