Kidd makes practice debut as head coach
Washington: Former All Star guard Jason Kidd has made his first practice show as NBA head coach by starting a three-day training camp for Brooklyn Nets.
"I guess holding the whistle might be the weirdest thing," Kidd told ESPN.
"Normally, as a player, you`re out there competing, trying to win and get better, so probably the weirdest part is just holding the whistle throughout the practice."
Kidd was named head coach after his announcement to retire a month ago. In normal case, a head coach didn`t have to coach Summer League practice or games, but the "nervous" new coach needed more time to get prepared for his first season as a head coach.
"It`s a little different being called coach or looked upon as the head coach, that will take a little time. But I think we`ll get there and be comfortable with that situation," Kidd said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire