Kidd makes practice debut as head coach
Washington: Former All Star guard Jason Kidd has made his first practice show as NBA head coach by starting a three-day training camp for Brooklyn Nets.
"I guess holding the whistle might be the weirdest thing," Kidd told ESPN.
"Normally, as a player, you`re out there competing, trying to win and get better, so probably the weirdest part is just holding the whistle throughout the practice."
Kidd was named head coach after his announcement to retire a month ago. In normal case, a head coach didn`t have to coach Summer League practice or games, but the "nervous" new coach needed more time to get prepared for his first season as a head coach.
"It`s a little different being called coach or looked upon as the head coach, that will take a little time. But I think we`ll get there and be comfortable with that situation," Kidd said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city