Kishore Bhimani gets lifetime achievement award
Kolkata: Veteran Sports journalist Kishore Bhimani was given the lifetime achievement award for his decades long contribution in the fields of media and commentary.
Bhimani was given the H&G Clinic Lifetime Achievement Award by former India cricketer Ravi Shastri at a function last evening.
"I remember how spot-on were his comments. He had once slammed me for a wrong shot on crease during a test in Eden Gardens and the same evening we shared drinks at his residence. And our ties remain so till this date," Shastri, himself a commentator now said while handing over the trophy to the commentary legend.
Bhimani, who had recently penned the book "The Accidental Godman," said "it is believed that journalists should not be bestowed with awards as they can?t take sides and favours. But this award is different. I owe this to my countless friends in sports and other fraternity."
Observing that he had given thousands of hours to the profession, which follows no time pattern, first `Hall of Fame` H&G Clinic Journalism Award recipient sports journalist and Ananda Bazar Patrika associate editor Gautam Bhattacharya said more than glamour, the profession required grit, sacrificing personal life and passion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America