Kishore Bhimani gets lifetime achievement award
Kolkata: Veteran Sports journalist Kishore Bhimani was given the lifetime achievement award for his decades long contribution in the fields of media and commentary.
Bhimani was given the H&G Clinic Lifetime Achievement Award by former India cricketer Ravi Shastri at a function last evening.
"I remember how spot-on were his comments. He had once slammed me for a wrong shot on crease during a test in Eden Gardens and the same evening we shared drinks at his residence. And our ties remain so till this date," Shastri, himself a commentator now said while handing over the trophy to the commentary legend.
Bhimani, who had recently penned the book "The Accidental Godman," said "it is believed that journalists should not be bestowed with awards as they can?t take sides and favours. But this award is different. I owe this to my countless friends in sports and other fraternity."
Observing that he had given thousands of hours to the profession, which follows no time pattern, first `Hall of Fame` H&G Clinic Journalism Award recipient sports journalist and Ananda Bazar Patrika associate editor Gautam Bhattacharya said more than glamour, the profession required grit, sacrificing personal life and passion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt