Kishore Bhimani gets lifetime achievement award
Kolkata: Veteran Sports journalist Kishore Bhimani was given the lifetime achievement award for his decades long contribution in the fields of media and commentary.
Bhimani was given the H&G Clinic Lifetime Achievement Award by former India cricketer Ravi Shastri at a function last evening.
"I remember how spot-on were his comments. He had once slammed me for a wrong shot on crease during a test in Eden Gardens and the same evening we shared drinks at his residence. And our ties remain so till this date," Shastri, himself a commentator now said while handing over the trophy to the commentary legend.
Bhimani, who had recently penned the book "The Accidental Godman," said "it is believed that journalists should not be bestowed with awards as they can?t take sides and favours. But this award is different. I owe this to my countless friends in sports and other fraternity."
Observing that he had given thousands of hours to the profession, which follows no time pattern, first `Hall of Fame` H&G Clinic Journalism Award recipient sports journalist and Ananda Bazar Patrika associate editor Gautam Bhattacharya said more than glamour, the profession required grit, sacrificing personal life and passion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world
- Oh fresh! You can't afford to miss these pictures from Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's pooja ceremony
- 7th Pay Commission: New pay scales to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh cr in FY17