Kiwis take on heavyweights Netherlands in quarter-final
New Delhi: New Zealand will take on last edition`s runners-up Netherlands in the Hockey Junior World Cup quarter-final at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here Thursday.
"The match against Netherlands is a crucial one and we are practicing hard. Earlier, few of our players were not doing well with their fitness which became a matter of concern. But now, as they are showing signs of recovery, it is a great relief for the team," New Zealand coach Grant Edwards said Wednesday.
Talking about their opponents, Edwards added: "Netherlands is a very skilful team and the players have shown excellent skills throughout the tournament. They do praiseworthy job while passing the ball and have experts in penalty corners. Players in their team like Pelle Vos and Pepijn Luijkx could be a challenge for us.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!