Kiwis take on heavyweights Netherlands in quarter-final
New Delhi: New Zealand will take on last edition`s runners-up Netherlands in the Hockey Junior World Cup quarter-final at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here Thursday.
"The match against Netherlands is a crucial one and we are practicing hard. Earlier, few of our players were not doing well with their fitness which became a matter of concern. But now, as they are showing signs of recovery, it is a great relief for the team," New Zealand coach Grant Edwards said Wednesday.
Talking about their opponents, Edwards added: "Netherlands is a very skilful team and the players have shown excellent skills throughout the tournament. They do praiseworthy job while passing the ball and have experts in penalty corners. Players in their team like Pelle Vos and Pepijn Luijkx could be a challenge for us.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH