Kozhikode will be made as ‘sports city’: Minister
Kozhikode: Kerala Sports Minister, M Vijayakumar, today said that Kozhikode city will be converted as ‘Sports City’.
Speaking after inaugurating the construction activities of the new grand stand at the Corporation Stadium, Vijayakumar said the new grand stand is being built in the backdrop of the forthcoming 35thNational Games to be held in May 2011 in Kerala, in which Kozhikode is one of venue for some events.
The estimated expense for the grand stand at the stadium will be around Rs 18 crore, he said.
With the completion of the national games, all the major towns in the state, will be ready for hosting national as well as international meets, he said.
A synthetic track at an expense of Rs 4.50 crore is coming up in Kozhikode, besides a indoor stadium at a cost of Rs 32 crore, he said.
The construction of the grand stadium was expected to be completed withint eight months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Punjab woman 'gangraped first, killed, and then thrown from roof'
- IPL 2016: Mumbai Indians sign Jerome Taylor as injured Lasith Malinga's replacement
- AugustaWestland chopper deal: It's political conspiracy to cover up criminal negligence in pursuing CBI inquiry, says AK Antony
- Tiger Shroff regrets making housewife comment?
- Britain would be less well off after Brexit: OECD