Kozhikode will be made as ‘sports city’: Minister
Kozhikode: Kerala Sports Minister, M Vijayakumar, today said that Kozhikode city will be converted as ‘Sports City’.
Speaking after inaugurating the construction activities of the new grand stand at the Corporation Stadium, Vijayakumar said the new grand stand is being built in the backdrop of the forthcoming 35thNational Games to be held in May 2011 in Kerala, in which Kozhikode is one of venue for some events.
The estimated expense for the grand stand at the stadium will be around Rs 18 crore, he said.
With the completion of the national games, all the major towns in the state, will be ready for hosting national as well as international meets, he said.
A synthetic track at an expense of Rs 4.50 crore is coming up in Kozhikode, besides a indoor stadium at a cost of Rs 32 crore, he said.
The construction of the grand stadium was expected to be completed withint eight months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh