Kozhikode will be made as ‘sports city’: Minister
Kozhikode: Kerala Sports Minister, M Vijayakumar, today said that Kozhikode city will be converted as ‘Sports City’.
Speaking after inaugurating the construction activities of the new grand stand at the Corporation Stadium, Vijayakumar said the new grand stand is being built in the backdrop of the forthcoming 35thNational Games to be held in May 2011 in Kerala, in which Kozhikode is one of venue for some events.
The estimated expense for the grand stand at the stadium will be around Rs 18 crore, he said.
With the completion of the national games, all the major towns in the state, will be ready for hosting national as well as international meets, he said.
A synthetic track at an expense of Rs 4.50 crore is coming up in Kozhikode, besides a indoor stadium at a cost of Rs 32 crore, he said.
The construction of the grand stadium was expected to be completed withint eight months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog