Kumble`s firm ties up with Velammal school
TENVIC, a Bangalore-based sports consultancy company started by former cricketer Anil Kumble and others, has tied up with Velammal International School here to provide students professional coaching in cricket, badminton and table tennis as part of sports curriculum.
More than 250 students have already enrolled for the programme, launched on June 18 in the presence of S Sriram, former international cricket player and level 3 coach from the England and Wales Cricket Board, and noted table tennis coaches A Srinivas Rao and A Muralidhar Rao, a press release said on Monday.
With its grassroots sports programme, the company aimed at tie ups with over 80 schools across the country in the coming months, impacting more than 6,500 children.
TENVIC was founded in 2010 by Kumble, former Indian Table Tennis champion, Vasanth Bharadwaj and sports entrepreneur Diinesh Kumble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!