LA Lakers hold off New Orleans Hornets in NBA action
Los Angeles: Kobe Bryant scored 23 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter as the Los Angeles Lakers rallied past the New Orleans Hornets 104-96 to get back their eighth playoff spot in Western Conference.
Since the Jazz lost to Oklahoma City 80-90 earlier in the evening, with this win Tuesday night, the Lakers move a half-game ahead of Utah for the eighth and final Western Conference playoff spot. However, the Jazz hold the tiebreaker over the Lakers.
Pau Gasol did a highly effective job, contributing 22 points, 11 rebounds and four assists, while Dwight Howard donated 19 points and six rebounds.
The Hornets` Eric Gordon led the team with 22 points, Anthony Davis got 18 points and 14 rebounds, Ryan Anderson added 14 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?