LA Lakers hold off New Orleans Hornets in NBA action
Los Angeles: Kobe Bryant scored 23 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter as the Los Angeles Lakers rallied past the New Orleans Hornets 104-96 to get back their eighth playoff spot in Western Conference.
Since the Jazz lost to Oklahoma City 80-90 earlier in the evening, with this win Tuesday night, the Lakers move a half-game ahead of Utah for the eighth and final Western Conference playoff spot. However, the Jazz hold the tiebreaker over the Lakers.
Pau Gasol did a highly effective job, contributing 22 points, 11 rebounds and four assists, while Dwight Howard donated 19 points and six rebounds.
The Hornets` Eric Gordon led the team with 22 points, Anthony Davis got 18 points and 14 rebounds, Ryan Anderson added 14 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez